Please pray for Millie

Deteriorating today, been to see chiro, scan booked for next week if she makes it that far. Can't flex her neck, falling over, can't figure out where her legs are. she is a bit like a drunken sailor. waiting for her vet to call back. Decide if she needs to go in as an emergency if the referral clinic can do it otherwise first thing wednesday - early rise for me to do the horses then drive a distance.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
Sorry to hear this, will cross things for an improvement. You must be so worried.

I don't envy your wait for news - that's almost the worst part.
i pretty much know what they will find. It will either be arthritis or nerve/spinal cord pinching. So the options are pain relief and therapy and the long slow decline like Kim had, or there may be a disc which can be repaired so major surgical. neither option particularly great for a dog who is full of life. But at least you know what your options are

• Sad
Early start, scan done, major issues with 3 discs in her neck, squeezing spinal cord. Not going to remove discs or put spacers in but remove top of disc to let the cord expand. Saw two neuro surgeons, one is head neuro teacher at glasgow vet school. Booked for surgery in couple of weeks.

Praying she handles surgery well and recovers completely
She has addisons disease which weakens the immune system so it is more risky for her than the average dog. Fortunately the surgeon has operated on addison's dogs successfully and one of the admins on AD fb page has used him and referred others to him. So I feel comfortable that we have the best person in the area to deal with her

"Louise, when you see Jon again, please send him my very best of regards. He may remember me as PJ as Lotte is my Adogs name. He is a very special person who looked after my dogs prior to taking on Moorview, I have recommended many people to him. He actually looked after TJ, my first Adog as well as others, Maddi, Kizzy, Charlie maybe or possibly those before, Sami and Gemma. I was so sad when he left Calder vets. He is wonderful !

You have an excellent surgeon there. He operated onTJ, my first Adog and was so careful with him, just love the man ! Anyone who takes such care over my dogs is very much loved. One of his colleagues then, Adam Bell, ;oks after Lotte and Wiggy now at the Referral Centre, we love him too !"

Millie will have her surgery tomorrow, crossing everything for her. Just hope her addison's disease doesn't make things harder. Going to be a long day

Just heard, she is out of surgery and in recovery. Operation went well, work carried out as planned. She may be worse mobility wise tomorrow but then get back up to where she was today, and continue to improve. Likely to come home Wednesday,

newrider.com