The heatwave

We had a storm of sorts, it rumbled on for ages and ages.
I stopped lunging so we could both watch it pass us by about a mile away.
Then the rain came, we had light rain for about an hour.
Enough to make some puddles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey
We had a sprinkle. So little it hasnt even settled the dust on the road. I was watching the radar image heading towards us, then it just turned and went north.

It went whoosh here at 10pm last night. Big drops, lasted less than 2 minutes though. Dried within an hour.

Very muggy and grey just now. Has just started and its supposed to be raining for a while but its not going to do much if it this light. Dont even need the umbrella.

Come on just rain a sensible amount please, please please.

Ever notice that smell that comes when the rain hits the dry ground. Cant say im a fan.

Reactions: Huggy
It's raining here, and it's perfect rain - steady heavy drizzle. It needs to go on for a couple of days at least though 🤞

It went whoosh here at 10pm last night. Big drops, lasted less than 2 minutes though. Dried within an hour.

Very muggy and grey just now. Has just started and its supposed to be raining for a while but its not going to do much if it this light. Dont even need the umbrella.

Come on just rain a sensible amount please, please please.

Ever notice that smell that comes when the rain hits the dry ground. Cant say im a fan.
I love that smell!

We've been forecast ten days of rain, so little and often is great.
Though it's cloudy out there, might stop the grass burning away.

We're having a good few solid showers - not heavy enough to just wash away, thank goodness. Still very warm though.

A bit more today, starting very lightly but then a little bit more, just what is needed to soften things up and dampen down the dust. Now we need a proper pour!

The heavens have finally opened here. Hurrah. Things already looking greener.
A bit too heavy so bound to be floods.

Sadly it's cleared here and the sun's out again. Supposed to rain again tomorrow though

We had rain and boy did it rain, I was driving back from the yard and the heavens opened, scary really how much came down. But I’m still glad it’s finally rained.

newrider.com