The heatwave

We had maybe 45 minutes of very heavy rain. Driving back from the yard the roads were flooded in several places and water was fountaining up from the drains which suggests most of it has just run off the fields which so badly need it :(

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
Finally some rain! Had a huge thunder and lightning storm in the early hours, it was fabulous.
Decided there was no point getting properly dressed so went out in a vest, shorts and wellies and just accepted the wet knickers 🤣
All 4 were stood out enjoying it, but the little boys stood in a puddle almost to their knees made me laugh (they had plenty of relatively dry ground to choose from)
D82FA95A-B40C-4ED3-BA45-AC7D321918DC.jpeg

So pleased you guys have had your rain.
We've had light rain again and it's breezy but sunny.
Had enough rain to get some trotting done as the surface is springy now.

Reactions: Jessey
We've had a couple of intermittent drizzly days, and fantastic heavy downpour overnight and this morning. We may yet get enough grass to not have to start hay for a while.

I suspect my front paddock is dead dead and will need reseeding to get it back to life. I’d just overseeded it in March and rested it to be ready for winter use, that won’t be happening now.
The roadside paddock was intentionally used hard in spring, thankfully it is just showing signs it will recover so at least I’ll have that but there won’t be a lot of grass to be had.

I took the boys off the track last weekend. They moved onto my top paddock and the cottage garden plot.

Weve had a bit of drizzle on and off a few days ago and the grass is looking green now on the track and today in places theres 1/2 inch of growth. All last week i was doing the rain dance and just saying drizzle like this for week and it will be perfect. It a shame it was only a few days.

I will actually have to get the lawn mower out this week end. The lawn looks all straggly.

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
newrider.com