2021 Hacking and Riding

Keep posting the jumping! I miss it since I stopped doing it with Ramsey, so I'm living it vicariously through your pics! The likelihood of jumping with Hogan is right up there with winning the lottery - and I don't do the lottery.

I AM FURIOUS, LIVID,RAGING!!!!!! First nice dry morning. Can't even drive to the field, let alone take Hogan out. Had to reverse and drive down the main road and go in other end. No way I could get him safely past this, sharp tile fragments, pipes, plus a ditch on either side - one spook or skitter and he'd break a leg or cut himself open. Reported to council.Screenshot_20210707-101507_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210707-101521_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210707-101514_Gallery.jpg

The police only want to know if you catch them in the act. YO rang the council, and we've sent photos. Unfortunately, this happens quite regularly, though this one is the worst for a while. We've had tyres, a space hopper, and a toilet thrown into the field, and you name a household appliance and we've had them dumped in the lane. Fortunately, the council is very good at coming out, as it is a proper road. I'm hoping it'll be gone by this evening. If not, I'm going to shift some so I can get past with Hogan tomorrow.

Confused Hogan - I'm in my riding gear, I was here by 7.30, I haven't fed him, and I'm poo picking. WTH? All that points to a hack, and he's quite disturbed by all this lol. Followed me up and down the fence line, and round the paddock - none of this makes sense to him!😂Screenshot_20210707-105311_Gallery.jpg

I really hope you don't end up having to shift any of it.

Its already nasty out hopefully a bit better tomorrow.

I think I got my first really good close up of a B52.

Ugh it was in one of the troughs..thank god. DEAD.

they are so big it really creeps me out to try to smack them..and that just barely stunns them
You have to step on them.

20210707_060931.jpg

The police only want to know if you catch them in the act. YO rang the council, and we've sent photos. Unfortunately, this happens quite regularly, though this one is the worst for a while. We've had tyres, a space hopper, and a toilet thrown into the field, and you name a household appliance and we've had them dumped in the lane. Fortunately, the council is very good at coming out, as it is a proper road. I'm hoping it'll be gone by this evening. If not, I'm going to shift some so I can get past with Hogan tomorrow.
Is it worth setting a cctv up?

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Confused Hogan - I'm in my riding gear, I was here by 7.30, I haven't fed him, and I'm poo picking. WTH? All that points to a hack, and he's quite disturbed by all this lol. Followed me up and down the fence line, and round the paddock - none of this makes sense to him!😂View attachment 107437
Poor confused Hogan! I'm sure he'll recover quickly from the change of routine:D

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
Is it worth setting a cctv up?
Trouble is, the lane is about quarter of a mile long, and they just do it anywhere! We've got a trail camera in the yard, after the phantom gate opener episode, but it only covers the track past the barn, which an intruder would have to go past to get to any of the horses. I'm afraid we are not a priority in the council or the police's eyes. :( The tip is about 2 miles up the road :mad:

Trouble is, the lane is about quarter of a mile long, and they just do it anywhere! We've got a trail camera in the yard, after the phantom gate opener episode, but it only covers the track past the barn, which an intruder would have to go past to get to any of the horses. I'm afraid we are not a priority in the council or the police's eyes. :( The tip is about 2 miles up the road :mad:
It's a vile thing to do is fly tipping. Really hateful. Shame they aren't stupid enough to leave something that can be traced back like paperwork of some description. I know that's how someone got caught where we used to live. They'd left a receipt with a phone number on amongst the rubble!

How can council just let it lay on the road.
The bath tubs were the least of the problem
Exactly! Last time asbestos was in a pile on the lane (albeit to the side) it was left for 3 weeks. Silly thing is, it's a 40mph thoroughfare, though hardly ever used. It's totally blocked.

• Angry
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com