2021 Hacking and Riding

Ugh no riding today. I will have to see about play
3 rounds of bad storms last nite
The worse was 230 am ugh
I really didn't want to be up then.
Ugh I'm always up early but that is ridiculous.
I got up and made coffee in case we lost power.
Thank God we did not.

Its gone past but its not any less steamy ugh.

The worse is yet to come.
I don't know how people w poor drainage are coping.
Elsa will pass over us tomorrow with up to 5 inches of rain. But hopefully not horrible winds.

Well, star he was! I decided to lead him past, through the path I'd cleared, but someone had spread it out again! So there I am, Hogan in one hand and kicking and pushing bits aside again - he stood like an angel and walked through no problem. Lovely ride, good forward going trots, and lots of nice little chats with dog walkers. I got off to go past the rubbish again, but he walked up to it quite happily. 10 minutes after we got home, a van appeared and began to clear it up.🥳Screenshot_20210708-103137_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210708-103149_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210708-103154_Gallery.jpgPS - he never gets treats, but he got one each way for bravery.

Woo hoo HOGAN.

Lots of gold stars on your report card.

Hmm Why would someone re spread that.
That seems odd...
Is there someone around w a
Hair across their A.... about horses or vehicles using that road??

I hope the van does pick it all up...
What's funny is that the guys clearing it had an ordinary van, and only wore gloves - no masks or hazmat suits. I don't actually think there was asbestos, but these guys took advantage of the council's stupidity, agreed to shift it, and probably got paid a lot. At least it's gone.

Gorgeous morning, sunny, but not muggy, so flies were not an issue. Hogan still going nicely (wow - 2 days in a row lol). The tracks are getting even narrower - trotted along the one below, but it's so overgrown, he keeps trying to eat as we go. Weather's supposed to be grim tomorrow, so I'm glad I got one in today.Screenshot_20210709-155921_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210709-155930_Gallery.jpg

He has had a few easy days between bad weather and a short ride for saddle fitter so today he was delighted to be heading out. Bounced out of the yard and down the back. We went down to the bottom field and schooled. He was BRILLIANT. He tried so hard and did so well. Introduced some loops in trot, first one he wobbled coming back to “track” then it clicked and he was foot perfect. Schooling in a big field really is the way to go. He was so soft and straight and even in each rein. (I need to keep my side up and not hang on to left rein) He gave 10/10 effort and enjoyed himself. Right canter (which we did first) was a bit onward bound and big, I think I may have struggled to stay in a 20x40, but it was nicely balanced and soft so I’m not going to fuss him just yet. Left canter was super. Didn’t quite have the same bounce coming back up the track but every slight increase in work he is hitting.

Haha. He also thinks fields are for galloping as fast as you can, especially up a hill but we have managed to designate this field for schooling.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Hopefully some good play or riding tomorrow.
We did get several inches of rain but winds were not that bad.
We were VERY LUCKY.
There was lots of flash flooding ..with impassible roads. Some of them major highways.

The will be another front going thru tonite
With bad storms.
Hopefully tomorrow will be decent.

Well that was wonderful! Mr Trews decided that seeing as we'd had part of the back fields mowed it would be a change of scenery for Zi to do some in hand stuff around there instead of sticking to the arena. We both expected him to be "looky" as he's not been in there for months. In fact, I was sort of holding my breath at the start thinking at any moment he might rebel and try and either roll / tank off / buck but NOTHING. What a good boy. We really enjoyed it (no pics as I didn't know where we were heading at first as I was following Mr T). He soon quickened his pace and it was lovely to see him with his ears pricked (Zi not Mr T) and we finished with a brisk walk up the slope back to where we started and a Crunchit for his troubles! Mr Trews is hoping that in a few days time he can ride him around it, so the in hand stuff around it first should lay the foundations so to speak and then it's not a big shock to Zi. I never think it's fair riding them around the forbidden fruit without making it clear it's "work" first. What a great horse - so pleased with him. (It probably doesn't sound much but I know some horses wouldn't have listened at all as it's a BIG wide open space full of grass).

Woo hoo awesome hes a star..
Thats super you have that field now..

It seemed to clear beautifully so I rode
The pool noodles and the arena.

The front seems good but with soooo much rain...we filled that bucket totally again...and that was JUST YESTERDAY.

There is no point to possibly chopping up the front.

UGH now its all crummy stormy looking agsin.

It's such strange weather some poor people have swimming pools in their basements..from so much rain
And the west coast is having a bad drought.

Years ago when I was quite young my house didn't have a basement my parents
Wanted one..
Omg we went to look at one in town a few streets over..
The realtor is walking down the basement stairs saying ohhh Look at how beautifully polished and shiny the floor is.
Then he continues to walk down and PLOP right into the last couple steps
UNDERWATER..
I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST FABULOUS..
There was no more talk of moving and they kept their house their entire lives
Lol funny how some things from childhood stay with you..
There hmm was a reason the basement was unfinished and empty.

20210710_082158(0).jpg020210710_082204.jpg20210710_082205.jpg20210710_045123.jpg

Well that was wonderful! Mr Trews decided that seeing as we'd had part of the back fields mowed it would be a change of scenery for Zi to do some in hand stuff around there instead of sticking to the arena. We both expected him to be "looky" as he's not been in there for months. In fact, I was sort of holding my breath at the start thinking at any moment he might rebel and try and either roll / tank off / buck but NOTHING. What a good boy. We really enjoyed it (no pics as I didn't know where we were heading at first as I was following Mr T). He soon quickened his pace and it was lovely to see him with his ears pricked (Zi not Mr T) and we finished with a brisk walk up the slope back to where we started and a Crunchit for his troubles! Mr Trews is hoping that in a few days time he can ride him around it, so the in hand stuff around it first should lay the foundations so to speak and then it's not a big shock to Zi. I never think it's fair riding them around the forbidden fruit without making it clear it's "work" first. What a great horse - so pleased with him. (It probably doesn't sound much but I know some horses wouldn't have listened at all as it's a BIG wide open space full of grass).
Good boy Zi! I'd never get round a field like that with Hogan. Absolutely agree, doing it in hand first is only fair. Sessions like that are the best reward for all the time we put in.

Woo hoo awesome hes a star..
Thats super you have that field now..

It seemed to clear beautifully so I rode
The pool noodles and the arena.

The front seems good but with soooo much rain...we filled that bucket totally again...and that was JUST YESTERDAY.

There is no point to possibly chopping up the front.

UGH now its all crummy stormy looking agsin.

It's such strange weather some poor people have swimming pools in their basements..from so much rain
And the west coast is having a bad drought.

Years ago when I was quite young my house didn't have a basement my parents
Wanted one..
Omg we went to look at one in town a few streets over..
The realtor is walking down the basement stairs saying ohhh Look at how beautifully polished and shiny the floor is.
Then he continues to walk down and PLOP right into the last couple steps
UNDERWATER..
I THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST FABULOUS..
There was no more talk of moving and they kept their house their entire lives
Lol funny how some things from childhood stay with you..
There hmm was a reason the basement was unfinished and empty.

View attachment 1074700View attachment 107471View attachment 107472View attachment 107473
There s that glossy shiny boy again!

We had a lovely ride. Went in a field that has a nice pull up the hill thinking we could have a canter up. As expected, when i eased into trot at the bottom, he did his “thing”. I actually have no idea quite what he does, he just goes airborne and squeaks! I squeak back “oi” and he remembers himself and stops. It is not in the slightest bit unseating and now I’m used to it it’s not scarey. We walked a little circle and tried again. Got the most beautiful canter and sadly the field was too short. We got to the top and he thought he might spook at a bale so tried to change leg so we could carry on round the corner. Only he hasn’t mastered ridden flying changes so got his legs in a muddle only changing one half of him, he gamely tried to carry on. So we trotted for about a tenth of a stride and sorted his legs back into canter!

walked back down the other 2 sides. Asked for trot along the bottom and got the move again. “Hey!” “Oh yeh sorry mum” and carried on in a lovely trot. So let him go back up the first side again. He didn’t make the mistake of trying to change legs again and pulled up nicely at the top.

He was then very happy and cheerful all the way home.

Oh and I forgot. At the bottom of the road there are a few houses. For some reason all the horses find this scarey. So we were waking down huffing and puffing and spooking as normal. And as normal I am doing me “oh you are so brave” “what a clever boy” “just don’t look at the scarey things” act. There is a lady who is friendly with mum, I hadn’t seen her but as I came passed she said “does your horse like it when you sing to him?” 😂

Had a nice ride I rode the pool noodles.
Then the arena.
Then up to the woods area to scope out a spot for another pool noodle obstacle
Found one w good flow and footing
The trees may be a tiny bit wide
My husband will have to measure.
But he could add an xtra piece if needed to the trees.
I aso found spot out front... no 2 trees are even remotely close enough to work but
I showed him the spot i like we can use a tree and a big strong wooden stake for the other side .

When i got bitten 3 times by b52 and even w sonny being well sprayed they were eyeing him up.
That was when it it was time to stop

20210711_113143(0).jpg20210711_113017.jpg20210711_113020.jpg20210711_113420.jpg20210711_113634.jpg20210711_113716.jpg20210711_113742.jpg

There are poles spread around up there

newrider.com